Friday, December 14, 2007

Ideas after 2 a.m.

That the first issue of Spin I bought had Ani DiFranco, Thom Yorke, and Missy Elliott on the cover.

That I would like to exactly reverse the celebration of plastic party divas and the disdain for music that women enjoy singing along to together.

That being in school makes me think I'm living in a dorm. The overhead lights don't seem to be my responsibility.

That time is not just tight, it's mechanical.

That the tree outside my window is encased in ice. One image burns up the untrue.

I might as well be a thousand years old.

7 comments:

K. Ross Hoffman said...

why do you want people to be disdainful?

THE FIRE BOSS (aka EFF BEE) said...

Oh, I just assume that they will be.

amelia said...

"want"?

i think it's an empirical truth that people who like certain music are expected to hedge their bets, to acknowledge it's a *guilty* pleasure. (this is how i feel about loving the indigo girls, pretty often.)

and on the other hand, i think there's plenty of disdain for the plastic party divas as well.

fb, what brought up that particular thought?

K. Ross Hoffman said...

there was some excellent celebratory group-singing at the party last night, and it was three guys who were the first to chime in on "least complicated."

(not making a point, just thought it was interesting.)

THE FIRE BOSS (aka EFF BEE) said...

I'll explain more in my next post. Stay tuned!

amelia said...

yes please.

Anonymous said...

I know of no such disdain. This is likely because I used to live in Italy. Women'll flash-mob just to sing ensemble over there, and everyone listens.